With what seems to be a daily increase in the number of “digital marketing” agencies from all over the world emailing every website online, even the ones with just one page, with SEO services offers… we felt it appropriate to answer the question regarding whether or not these services are worth the money. However, what will be highlighted in this article is whether or not SEO services for tech support companies is a good investment. Without a doubt, a company that offers tech support should take the idea seriously that they should get into the business of investing in search engine optimization. Here’s why…
According to what has happened historically, for many tech teams, it seems that the relationship they have with marketing/sales teams is usually one that involves a lot of stepping on each other toes; often times unintentionally. Now while that might not be an issue for many in the newer generation of today’s IT techs and marketers, it’s something that many individuals, departments and companies have to deal with. That being said, should a tech support vendor automatically assume that digital marketing services aren’t for them? Hopefully not! Why do we say that? Consider three of the many reasons:
1) Marketing For Tech Support Vendors Works
– At the end of the day, some of the largest tech support companies in the world are making millions of dollars each year as a result of their marketing campaigns; specifically when it comes to digital marketing. No matter what a person wants to believe, the facts are that literally 100,000s of people and businesses are looking online for an vendor to take care of their information technology needs. In addition to that, many companies are realizing it’s cheaper for them to outsource their IT solutions to an outside vendor than to have their own IT department.
What that means is, when a company has decided to let go of their marketing team to outsource that work to a vendor… they often times are looking online for a replacement for them to spend their annual budget, which includes most of what was used to pay the salaries of their IT team. That budget can easily be in the $100,000s if not millions of salary that will soon be available to be paid to a IT solutions company. They don’t spend hours calling and asking for help, checking the phone book, or waiting for a TV commercial or billboard to identify the company they should work with. Instead, they do a simple keyword search on their search engine of choice until they find a few companies to send an RFP to. Need we say more to highlight the fact that search engine optimization services for an IT firm can go a very long way?
2) Tech Support Marketing Is Often Ignored
– This fact alone should make even more companies look into how they can get an SEO campaign in place, quickly, for their organization. Again, Google reports on average AT LEAST 350,000 people search EACH month for keywords like “tech support”, “IT services”, “IT support”, “IT consulting”, etc. These are your target customers looking for exactly what they want, when they are ready to pay for it.
Since there is still a HUGE opportunity to get ahead of the game before this becomes “the norm” for your industry, any company that wants to both stay in business and grow should definitely take serious the thought of investing in SEO services for tech support. Which leads us to the next and final point…
3) Good IT Services Marketing Is Good For Business
– What makes this specific type of digital marketing good, or should we say GREAT, for business is not just the fact that a well planned and executed SEO strategy will result in more people seeing both your brand and your service, but it also allows you to be more selective with the companies you CHOOSE to work with. How is that so?
If you’re in a situation where you’re company is LOOKING FOR CLIENTS to work with, and after a month’s time you have 5-6 companies you might be able to possibly work with… in many cases you might find yourself having no other choice but to work with most if not all of them… if given the opportunity; despite any reluctance to want to do so. On the other hand, with an SEO service that focuses on companies LOOKING FOR YOU… you can be selective since you know that each day, week and month you’ll have your IT solutions being sought out and requested by potential clients. This means you can be “picky” with your offer, prices, contracts, etc. See why we say it can be GREAT for business?
How Do You Choose A SEO Vendor For Tech Companies?
Before we answer that, keep in mind that we’re not suggesting that the only way you can succeed with SEO for the tech industry is to hire a vendor. You might be the type of company that wants to keep all your budget for marketing internal, and for that reason you only hire internally. If that describes how you run your business, GREAT! We’re just trying to encourage you not to be like so many others in your industry that feel that this type of internet marketing isn’t that important or impactful.
For those of you that want to hire and outside vendor or expert for SEO solutions, how do you go about finding them? Earlier we mentioned how search engine optimization companies often times send out emails looking for companies that want/need SEO services; we’re DEFINITELY NOT suggesting you respond to those requests or start there.
One of the things you might want to start with is to identify what your end goal is, your budget, and the time-frame that you’d like to see an initial ROI on your investment. Added to that, you might appreciate an article previously published here at Nomvo that focuses on questions you can ask while looking for the best seo service company for your business needs.
Maybe you have more specific questions about how to implement what we’ve discussed above, or you’d like some very direct suggestions for your organization and needs. If so, feel free to contact us! But whatever you do, please keep in mind that you don’t have to follow the pack and ignore the importance of online marketing; specifically, SEO. Instead, think forward and discover the benefits of using this form of marketing for your short term and long term business goals. Nomvo!