It is an irrefutable fact that SEO consultation services are becoming more popular day by day. But why? The answer lies in the job duties of the consultant. Many of these duties are either ones that individuals don’t know how to perform, don’t have time for or simply don’t want to do.
Consider a few responsibilities and duties of an SEO consultant, which are invaluable to just about any businesses… even yours!
What SEO’s Do
1. They keep track of the budget. Of course, consultants would ensure that the budget is not exceeded, but they are also in charge of establishing priorities, so that the most important needs are met first. Any changes to the budget would also need to be documented and agreed upon by the business owner.
This isn’t to say that you should put your budgeting decisions solely in the hands of a search engine optimization consultant, but they should be aware of your budget so they can create, recommend, and possibly implement a strategy that fits within your budgetary limitations.
2. They keep and analyze up-to-date analytics reports. This is something that intimidates a lot of people. Honestly, it can prove to be pretty tedious and time consuming; especially when you are unsure of what you’re looking at and what it means for your business. So to eliminate the hassle of having to do this themselves, many simply hire an SEO consultant.
If you decide to take this step, make sure you have a consultant and expert that will be able to not only understand and make sense of any analytical data being considered… but you should also ensure that they can present it to you in a way that’s mentally digestible. Otherwise you’ll need to have blind trust in whatever they tell you, which isn’t always a bad thing; but at the same time it could be something that you don’t want to leave in the hands of a complete stranger… no matter how much of an “SEO expert” they profess to be.
3. They keep informed on current trends, best practices and Google algorithm updates. It could be even more time consuming to both do SEO and stay up-to-date on these things yourself. But consultants are paid to perform search engine optimization and must keep up on the latest trends, practices, etc. in order to properly perform their jobs and succeed while doing so. So, by hiring one, individuals are able to devote more time to other aspects of their businesses while getting better quality work.
The flip side of that however is… just because there is a Google or search engine update, that does not mean that there are drastic measures that need to be taken to make sure your site and marketing campaign is “compliant”. Something that happens all too often in the digital marketing industry, specifically as it relates to SEO, is that when Google announces an update or people are talking about an obvious change in the SERPs… many people get in the habit of assuming that there must be some sort of action item. Unfortunately, as a result of this common practice… some SEO experts and consultants take this opportunity to charge more or use a scare tactic to get more from their client.
We’ll put up a post in the near future covering when you should or shouldn’t be concerned with one of these types of updates. If you’d like us to take a look at your site and give you our expert perspective… feel free to contact us.
4. They optimize social media and web pages for humans and for search engines. A good consultant realizes that SEO not only involves making search engines rank a site higher, but it also involves making people happy. After all, the people are the ones who will hopefully convert and become customers and clients. All too often we see SEO strategies put in place that ignore the user, but aggressively focus on ranking higher in the SERPs. The problem with this is that even if you rank on page 1 or even top3 for your target keyword(s), if the user experience on your site is horrible and your CTR in the SERPs is pretty low… the search engines algorithm will not keep your site there; no matter how much effort and resources were used to get you those rankings.
Therefore, a consultant can recommend and implement solutions that will make your site or social media accounts more appealing; both to search engines and the people that will visit them.
5. They can perform competitive analyses. The fact of the matter is that anyone and everyone’s search competitors are using SEO. So how can one business prove to be just as strong as or stronger than a competitor? A competitive analysis is a great start. It can help to determine the most formidable competition and to develop an effective strategy for success.
These are just a few of the many things that SEO consultants are responsible for and capable of; at least they should be. It is no wonder why their services are becoming ever more popular. Among other things, they can save businesses a lot of time, which would otherwise be spent trying to manage the many complex aspects of SEO. This is obviously an important topic to consider due to the fact that for just about every business… time equals money.
The more time spent on other aspects of your company, while search engine optimization campaigns for your online marketing is being cared for by your skilled, professional consultant… the better the ROI for you. Again, if we’ve missed something or you’d like more information on the subject, feel free to let us know. Nomvo!