Last Updated on January 14, 2021 by msj484
With so many companies stepping over into the idea of working with marketing agencies, many people are wondering how they can be best prepared to work with one of these businesses and succeed. Much of what drives a successful marketing campaign when working with a digital marketing agency is understanding how they work, and how you can best work with them to make sure you implement their recommendations. In addition to that, you’ll also want to make sure that what you get from them exactly what it is that you feel is a successful marketing campaign. To help you do that, we’ve put together some True or False statements that we receive inquiries about the most:
Marketing Campaigns Directed by Agencies Always Succeed!… FALSE
Why do we say that? There are a few reasons:
- Since marketing agencies cannot control what changes search engines make to their algorithms, no matter how much effort they put into your SEO or Paid Search campaign, it’s possible that it won’t succeed.
- In competitive industries, there are times when not only is your business trying to get more page 1 rankings, but your competitors might be doing the same thing. If their marketing budget is larger and their campaign strategy is more aggressive than yours, despite the best effort of the company you’ve outsourced your marketing to, it might not be enough to get the upper hand.
- As sad as this sounds… many digital marketing companies do not know the first thing about trying to succeed with SEO, let alone in competitive industries. If you do a simple search for SEO company reviews or read some of the webmaster and internet marking forums, you’ll see endless amounts of complaints from people who have worked with these agencies and have ad a negative experience.
- Outside of seeing proof of success in the SERPs, there is no way to qualify that a company is good at succeeding with digital marketing services the sell. Anyone with a website and a way of advertising that they can do SEO can get clients and talk people into doing business with them. The point is, all internet marketing companies are not created equal.
You Can Find A Marketing Agency You Can Afford!… TRUE
However, your budget may significantly impact the amount of work you get as well as the possible success of your campaign. If you’re in an industry where your competitors have a full-time marketing team, or maybe they’re working with an agency that has a campaign in place with a $3,000 or $5,000 or $10,000+ budget and you’re trying to find a solution for $299… while you can find a company that offers a type of services that would be helpful, they may not come close to having the type of success that your competitors do.
That doesn’t mean that your budget has to match that of your competitors. Instead, it just means that you’ll have to know exactly what your site needs to compete for non-competitive terms in your industry OR find a company that can provide you a campaign that meets your budget and will get you an ROI on your investment. From there you can choose to gradually increase the budget or keep it the same if you’re happy with the amount of revenue being generated for the business.
Additionally, it’s good to remember that just because a company charges a high ticket price for their marketing services, it doesn’t mean that you’ll automatically have a successful campaign. Also… you can find some boutique marketing companies, Webhorse Marketing is one of many, that specifically focus on providing services for business with a smaller budget, or one that does very well with your type of business/industry, or you can find a company that does well with a la carte services.
Outsourcing Your Marketing To An Internet Marketing Agency Would Be Good For Your Business!… TRUE AND FALSE
- You don’t have the time or knowledge to compete in your industry successfully.
- You have the budget to invest in this type of marketing.
- You have someone in-house to be the primary point of contact for the agency to give them what they need, monitor the campaign, and implement whatever recommendations they provide you.
- There is a strategy that is designed specifically for your website and industry; provided by either the marketing agency or someone at your company that knows what your site needs.
- You understand that it takes time to improve gradually.
- You are looking for instant results, but you don’t have the budget to support such an aggressive marketing campaign; aka growth hacking.
- As mentioned, you have little to no budget to pay a business to take responsibility for your growth and success as a business online.
- You’re not prepared to see gradual growth over the life of a 6-12 month campaign.
- You don’t want to let the “experts” direct the campaign, but instead, you want to do things your way.
Obviously, there are tons of other True or False clarifications we can provide you with, but these are a few of the most common ones being discussed in the marketing industry. If there are any you’d like to see covered, please feel free to let us know, and we’ll try to address it promptly. In the meantime, hopefully, what’s already been shared above has been helpful; even if it’s not, we want to hear about it and why. Nomvo!