In this increasingly digital age, websites are more valuable than ever to businesses. However, they are only beneficial when they are properly optimized for search engines and provide a positive user experience. Have you noticed that you aren’t getting the results you would like from your website? Is it significantly impacting your ability to continue doing business? If so, an SEO site checkup could be just the thing you need.
In order to understand how a check can help, though, you need to understand the negative impacts of poor SEO. Consider the following five services that SEO checkers perform, which can ultimately help you to save your business.
1. Meta Tag Checks. Meta tags, including title, description and keyword tags, summarize the content on your site. However, if the tags don’t match with the site niche or the content, placement in search engine results will suffer.
If potential customers can’t find you or they find competitors first, you miss out on valuable business.
2. Keyword Density Checks. Placing keywords appropriately throughout your site can help search engines to determine the relevance of your content in relation to search queries. However, having too few keywords, and especially having too many, can hurt placement in search results.
Keyword stuffing will only make your website appear “spammy” and not at all useful. Some SEO checkers have a feature that will not only allow you to check this aspect of your site, but also to compare the keyword density of your competitor’s sites. This can help you to adjust your use of keywords accordingly.
3. Social Media Checks. There is no arguing with the fact that social media is becoming more useful for business every day. One reason for this is because it allows direct interaction between customers and companies. If the social media accounts associated with your business aren’t easy to find, you miss out on the opportunity to interact with a significant number of individuals.
An SEO check can alert you to this fact. Perhaps only a simple change of your social media handle is necessary or an increase in the amount of content you share and post.
4. Broken Link Checks. Broken links have the potential to really damage your image. They could send the message that you are not hands on. After all, shouldn’t you be regularly checking your site to make sure that things are working correctly?
This can also plant the seed of doubt as to whether your products or services will work for them and could cause potential clients and customers to take their business elsewhere. If there are any broken links to be had, the SEO check will reveal them and you can promptly remove or fix them.
5. Loading time checks. No one likes to wait minutes for a single page to load…not even the engine spiders that are supposed to index your site! So, if your site loads too slowly, you lose potential conversions and forfeit proper indexing that could place you higher in search results.
Slow loading could be due to things like graphic-heavy pages and unoptimized videos. Most SEO checkers will give a full report that will allow you to see the root of the problem and take care of it.
How Can a SEO Site Check Save Your Business?
There are many ways in which site checks can be useful. Mainly, though, they can help you to identify anything that might be preventing you from being more visible in search results. They also detect user experience problems that ultimately deter people from your site.
By having these issues brought to your attention, you can concentrate your efforts, make the necessary adjustments and ensure that your business will stand the test of time. If you have any questions about actually getting a site check for your website’s SEO, feel free to contact us. Nomvo!